The Ultrasound Site Ltd
Course Booking Terms & Conditions
These Course Booking Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) will apply to the contract between you and The Ultrasound Site Ltd (“us” / “we”) of the provision of any courses to you. Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before making a booking.
We amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to book a course, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated on [13th July 2016].
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- You accept that some courses have a practical component to them which carries an inherent degree of risk. In particular, some procedures involve using needles or other sharp objects.
- You must carry out all procedures with due care, skill and attention and strictly in accordance with the instructions of your course tutor. Failure to do so may result in personal injury.
- You must at all times work within your own ability and scope of practice, if you are not confident in performing a procedure, you must immediately let your tutor know.
- You must not perform any procedure which you do not think you are able to do safely. We reserve the right to refuse your acceptance on a course if we feel it is outside your scope of practice and may put other participants at risk of injury.
- Procedures can involve physical exertion, and you must be confident in your ability to cope with any physical demands involved. If you are not confident that you can do this, or you experience any pain or discomfort, you must inform your tutor immediately.
- Procedures can involve human cadavers and so may not be suitable if you have a sensitive stomach or are pregnant. If you feel unwell, please contact your tutor immediately.
- Procedures can involve ultrasound scanning of body parts, and partial disrobing or exposure of body parts. If you have any concerns about these things (including any areas where you would not like to be scanned), you must inform your tutor immediately.
The course provides practical knowledge but does not award a certificate of competency. You should enquire with your relevant professional body to confirm if the skills covered by the course are considered within the scope of your practice, and whether your professional insurance will cover you to use them in your practice. Any skills covered by the course should be maintained and developed through ongoing mentorship, peer support, and training.
- PHOTOGRAPHS AND RESULTS
- No photography is allowed at any of the courses, given the nature of the procedures.
- No ultrasound images or results obtained from any procedures may be used outside of the course. The results obtained from procedures carried out on the course are not intended for diagnostic purposes. No details of cadaveric specimens or procedure results may be shared outside of the course, including on social media.
- Your course materials will be provided in electronic form on a USB drive. This drive, and the course materials, are for your personal use only, and must not be copied, distributed, or otherwise used by you other than to supplement the course. You must not provide the drive or any course materials to any third parties.
- Your participation in the course may be recorded, and by participating in a course, you agree to our using images and video of you in our promotion of the courses. If you do not wish to be recorded, please inform your tutor upon arriving at the course.
- VENUE AND FOOD
- The course venue may have its own rules and guidelines, which you must also obey. You may also be required to sign additional terms and conditions or contracts in relation to your use of the course venue. If you do not agree to (and comply with) these, you will not be able to participate on the course and you will not be issued a refund.
- Any allergies, medical conditions or dietary requirements should be notified to us along with your booking.
If you do not comply with these responsibilities, or we suspect that you are not in a suitable condition to attend or complete the course, we reserve the right to remove you from a course without a refund
We welcome your feedback, so if you experience any problems regarding your course you must bring it to the attention of our staff as soon as possible and we will try to rectify the problem. If you feel that the problem was not resolved to your satisfaction, please inform us in writing via email to email@example.com within 28 days and we will respond within 28 days to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of both parties.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US
- We operate the website www.theultrasoundsite.co.uk. We are The Ultrasound Site Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09380397. Our VAT number is 217393602.
- If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
- ORDERING THE SERVICES
- Upon receipt of your booking, and payment of the course fee you will be sent an email confirming your booking.
- Subject to these Terms and any information set out on our website concerning the course, we will provide the course as specified in the course information using reasonable skill and care.
- If you are being funded to attend a course, the full course fee must be made at least 4 weeks prior to the course date, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
- CANCELLATIONS AND AMENDMENTS
- We reserve the right to cancel a course in the event that the relevant tutor is unavailable due to illness or any other unforeseen circumstances, if the venue is unavailable, if there are insufficient bookings, or for any other reason which is beyond our reasonable control. In this situation every effort will be made to reschedule the course and if this cannot be done, we will refund the course fees in full. No payments will be made for your travel, accommodation, or administrative costs incurred as a result.
- You may cancel your booking up to 4 weeks before the course date by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org providing details if your course booking and notifying us of your cancellation, in which case we will make a full refund of the course fees, less a £50 administration fee. After this point, if you cancel or are unable to attend a course for any reason (including travel disruption, illness, or any other reasons outside of your control, or because we do not believe you are able to safely perform the practical elements of the course), no refunds will be issued, but you may appoint an alternative attendee.
- To appoint an alternative attendee, please email us at email@example.com with details if your course booking and the alternative attendee. By nominating an alternative attendee, you must ensure that they have read and accepted these Terms, and procure that they comply with them in full.
- If any cheques you provide are returned due to insufficient funds being available in your account, a £15 administrative fee will also be payable.
- COURSE CONTENT
- We will endeavour to cover all the topics outlined in the course information with reasonable skill and care and in accordance with practices consistent with the professional standards in the industry, but we accept no liability for failure to cover all or any part of those topics, and reserve the right to vary the course contents at any time.
- Neither the statement of objectives nor any other matter contained in the course information shall constitute a representation, condition or warranty by us that the course provider will achieve the objectives stated or otherwise achieve a particular level of knowledge or competence.
- You acknowledge that opinions expressed by the course tutor are those of the individual tutor and not necessarily ours.
- Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or for our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability which can’t be lawfully excluded or limited.
- All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law, including without limitation those relating to fitness for purpose and non-infringement, are to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the contract.
- Subject to clause 11.1 and clause 11.2, in respect of our liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, whether direct or indirect, arising in connection with the performance, or contemplated performance, of the contract:
- we will not be liable for loss of profits; loss of use or corruption of data or information; or for any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses;
- we will not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature caused by your failure to comply with these Terms; and
- our total liability shall be limited to the course fees paid or payable by you (or your funder) in respect of the course.
- We may use your details to contact you for marketing purposes in relation to future courses. If you would prefer not to receive these marketing communications, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Variation. We may vary these Terms by updating them at any time. Other than as agreed by us in writing, these Terms will apply to the exclusion of any other terms that you seek to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- Waiver. A waiver by us of any right under these Terms or by law is only effective if it is in writing and it applies only to the circumstances for which it is given. Our failure or delay in exercising any right or remedy under these Terms or by law shall not constitute a waiver of that (or any other) right or remedy, nor preclude or restrict its further exercise. No single or partial exercise by us of such right or remedy shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that (or any other) right or remedy.
- Severance. If any provision of these Terms (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other authority of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed not to form part of these Terms, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms shall not be affected.
- Entire agreement. These Terms constitute the whole agreement between the parties and supersedes all previous agreements between the parties relating to its subject matter. You acknowledge that, in booking the course, you have not relied on, and shall have no right or remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made negligently or innocently) (other than for breach of contract). Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude any liability for fraud.
- Assignment. You shall not, without our prior written consent, assign, transfer, charge, mortgage, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms.
- Rights of third parties. Except as set out in these Terms, a person who is not a party to these Terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them.
- Governing law and jurisdiction. These Terms and the contract shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales and we and you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.