Images from Sonosite M-Turbo system with linear transducer 6-13MHz In order for the ultrasound machine to create an image the systems software must make a number of assumptions. The assumptions that the machine makes are:- There are a number of reasons why deviations from these assumptions occur and the variations around these assumptions give rise to many of the known …Read More »
Clinical use of ultrasound imaging around the shoulder – evidence base, reasoning and guided procedures
Thursday 27th April 2017 - Imperial College London, Charing Cross Hospital At The Ultrasound Site, w…
We are passionate about delivering high quality courses, and as a result we can now announce the re-…
PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN THIS! 'Provision and future provision of musculoskeletal ultrasound and ultrasound guided injections survey'..CLICK HERE
|Course title||Course date|
|Introductory MSK Ultrasound course||14th and 15th January 2017 (St Leonards Hospital, London)..CLICK HERE to book!ONLY 2 PLACES LEFT! (More course dates)|
|One day Introductory MSK ultrasound guided injection course||11th February 2017 (St Leonards Hospital, London).. CLICK HERE to book! (More course dates)|
|MSK Ultrasound mentoring day||UPPER LIMB 4th March 2017 (St Leonards Hospital, London)..CLICK HERE to book! 3 PLACES LEFT (More course dates)|
|Introductory MSK Ultrasound course||18th and 19th March 2017 (St Leonards Hospital, London)..CLICK HERE to book! (More course dates)|
|Clinical use of ultrasound imaging around the shoulder – evidence base, reasoning and guided procedures||27th April 2017 (Imperial College, Charing Cross Hospital)..CLICK HERE to book!
|Cadaveric musculoskeletal ultrasound guided injection course||28th and 29th April 2017 (Imperial College, Charing Cross Hospital)..CLICK HERE to book!|
What is The Ultrasound Site?
The Ultrasound Site is a free access, educational and online learning resource for those who use diagnostic MSK Ultrasound. You might be a Physiotherapist, Orthopaedic Specialist, Radiologist, Radiographer, Rheumatologist, Sports Medicine Physician, Radiographer, Osteopath, Chiropractor or another profession…but hopefully you will all offer your views, knowledge and skills to make this a fantastic learning environment. MSK sonography is used in different ways, in different settings, by different professions and this is where we hope to bring it all together! We are building a dynamic and interactive community..come and join in!
- Unique features and benefits of our courses:
- We carefully monitor the student numbers so that we have a high tutor/scanner to student ratio! You won't find yourself in a pack of 10 people trying to use one scanner on our course!
- We feel anatomical knowledge is really important when using ultrasound..so we now have access to cadaveric prosections on a number of our courses to enhance your learning experience!
- We use high quality machines, and are experienced in using them!
- Our courses are multidisciplinary..fantastic for debate and learning between clinicians.
- Our delegates are often international, enabling further debate between you!
- We provide high quality, comprehensive presentations and resources to every delegate on USB sticks so you can carry on learning.
- We are approachable, and are happy to be emailed with enquiries after the course to help you continue your development.
Ultrasound Guided Injection of the hip joint: Technique Tutorial – Dr Daniel Fascia (@danfascia) , Consultant MSK and Sports Radiologist, Yorkshire Radiology
Why use ultrasound? Whilst it still remains more popular to inject joints using fluoroscopy across the world, one cannot deny the attractions of ultrasound being cheap, small in form and readily accessible in the clinic / office environment. Advances in ultrasound equipment have improved needle guiding, tissue detail and penetration. Technologies such as virtual convex on linear probes and beam …Read More »