This patient in their 60's presented to me in clinic with an approximate 3 month history of a sudden onset of dorsal foot pain. The patient was limping but had not taken much notice of this. In the past month the dorsal foot pain had subsided and instead they had noticed a cramping sensation in the peroneal muscle region. Examination …Read More »
Clinical use of ultrasound imaging around the shoulder – evidence base, reasoning and guided procedures (A collaboration with Dr Jeremy Lewis)
Wednesday 22nd November 2017- Imperial College London, Charing Cross Hospital Price £199 At The Ultr…
Course price: £895 for both days, £480 for one day This course provides 14 CPD credits (Day 1 = 7 c…
BREAKING NEWS! We are delighted to announce that Dr Daniel Fascia, Consultant MSK Radiologist and Dr James Thing, Consultant in Sports and Exercise medicine are joining our teaching team for the popular cadaveric MSK guided injection course on the 1st/2nd September at the fantastic Imperial College facilities..more details here
|Course title||Course date|
|Cadaveric musculoskeletal ultrasound guided injection course||1st and 2nd September 2017 (Imperial College, Charing Cross Hospital)..CLICK HERE to book! 6 PLACES LEFT|
|MSK Ultrasound mentoring day||LOWER LIMB23rd September 2017 (St Leonards Hospital, London)..CLICK HERE to book! 3 PLACES LEFT! (More course dates)|
|Introductory MSK Ultrasound course (BMUS and RCR accredited)||21st and 22nd October 2017 (St Leonards Hospital, London)..CLICK HERE to book! 10 PLACES LEFT! (More course dates)|
|MSK Ultrasound mentoring day||UPPER LIMB28th October 2017 (St Leonards Hospital, London)..CLICK HERE to book! 5 PLACES LEFT! (More course dates)|
|Introductory MSK guided injection course||18th November 2017 (St Leonards Hospital, London)..CLICK HERE to book! More course dates)|
|Clinical use of ultrasound imaging around the shoulder – evidence base, reasoning and guided procedures (A collaboration with Dr Jeremy Lewis)||22nd November 2017 (Imperial College, Charing Cross Hospital)..CLICK HERE to book!|
|Introductory MSK Ultrasound course (BMUS and RCR accredited)||2nd and 3rd December2017 (St Leonards Hospital, London).. CLICK HERE to book! (More course dates)|
What is The Ultrasound Site?
The Ultrasound Site is a free access, educational and online learning resource for those who use diagnostic MSK Ultrasound. You might be a Physiotherapist, Orthopaedic Specialist, Radiologist, Radiographer, Rheumatologist, Sports Medicine Physician, Radiographer, Osteopath, Chiropractor or another profession…but hopefully you will all offer your views, knowledge and skills to make this a fantastic learning environment. MSK sonography is used in different ways, in different settings, by different professions and this is where we hope to bring it all together! We are building a dynamic and interactive community..come and join in!
- Unique features and benefits of our courses:
- We carefully monitor the student numbers so that we have a high tutor/scanner to student ratio! You won't find yourself in a pack of 10 people trying to use one scanner on our course!
- We feel anatomical knowledge is really important when using ultrasound..so we now have access to cadaveric prosections on a number of our courses to enhance your learning experience!
- We use high quality machines, and are experienced in using them!
- Our courses are multidisciplinary..fantastic for debate and learning between clinicians.
- Our delegates are often international, enabling further debate between you!
- We provide high quality, comprehensive presentations and resources to every delegate on USB sticks so you can carry on learning.
- We are approachable, and are happy to be emailed with enquiries after the course to help you continue your development.
Ultrasound Guided Injection of the hip joint: Technique Tutorial – Dr Daniel Fascia (@danfascia) , Consultant MSK and Sports Radiologist, Yorkshire Radiology
Why use ultrasound? Whilst it still remains more popular to inject joints using fluoroscopy across the world, one cannot deny the attractions of ultrasound being cheap, small in form and readily accessible in the clinic / office environment. Advances in ultrasound equipment have improved needle guiding, tissue detail and penetration. Technologies such as virtual convex on linear probes and beam …Read More »