Differential diagnosis: Complete rupture of the biceps tendon Partial thickness tear of the biceps tendon Discussion Distal biceps tears tend to occur in middle aged men and are usually related to trauma. Tears of the distal insertion of the biceps are less common than the proximal tears of the long head of biceps (Lobo et al, 2013). Clinically, complete ruptures …Read More »
When you first start scanning, one of the most difficult things to pick up is how to orientate yours…
We are passionate about delivering high quality courses, and as a result we can now announce the re-…
We want to provide you with the course, that you want! So we have put together a page creatively tit…
|Course title||Course date|
|One day Introductory MSK ultrasound guided injection course||6th August 2016 (St Leonards Hospital, London).. SOLD OUT! CLICK HERE to book another date! (More course dates)|
|Introductory MSK Ultrasound course||3rd and 4th September 2016 (St Leonards Hospital, London)..5 PLACES LEFT CLICK HERE to book! (More course dates)|
|Cadaveric MSK guided injection course||23rd and 24th September 2016..9 PLACES LEFT (Imperial College London, Charing Cross Hospital)..CLICK HERE to book! (More course dates)|
|One day Introductory MSK ultrasound guided injection course||19th November 2016 (St Leonards Hospital, London).. CLICK HERE to book! (More course dates)|
|Introductory MSK Ultrasound course||3rd and 4th December 2016 (St Leonards Hospital, London)..CLICK HERE to book! (More course dates)|
What is The Ultrasound Site?
The Ultrasound Site is a free access, educational and online learning resource for those who use diagnostic MSK Ultrasound. You might be a Physiotherapist, Orthopaedic Specialist, Radiologist, Radiographer, Rheumatologist, Sports Medicine Physician, Radiographer, Osteopath, Chiropractor or another profession…but hopefully you will all offer your views, knowledge and skills to make this a fantastic learning environment. MSK sonography is used in different ways, in different settings, by different professions and this is where we hope to bring it all together! We are building a dynamic and interactive community..come and join in!
Ultrasound Guided Injection of the hip joint: Technique Tutorial – Dr Daniel Fascia (@danfascia) , Consultant MSK and Sports Radiologist, Yorkshire Radiology
Why use ultrasound? Whilst it still remains more popular to inject joints using fluoroscopy across the world, one cannot deny the attractions of ultrasound being cheap, small in form and readily accessible in the clinic / office environment. Advances in ultrasound equipment have improved needle guiding, tissue detail and penetration. Technologies such as virtual convex on linear probes and beam …Read More »
- Unique features and benefits of our courses:
- We carefully monitor the student numbers so that we have a high tutor/scanner to student ratio! You won't find yourself in a pack of 10 people trying to use one scanner on our course!
- We feel anatomical knowledge is really important when using ultrasound..so we now have access to cadaveric prosections on a number of our courses to enhance your learning experience!
- We use high quality machines, and are experienced in using them!
- Our courses are multidisciplinary..fantastic for debate and learning between clinicians.
- Our delegates are often international, enabling further debate between you!
- We provide high quality, comprehensive presentations and resources to every delegate on USB sticks so you can carry on learning.
- We are approachable, and are happy to be emailed with enquiries after the course to help you continue your development.