Images from Sonosite M-Turbo system with linear transducer 6-13MHz In order for the ultrasound machine to create an image the systems software must make a number of assumptions. The assumptions that the machine makes are:- There are a number of reasons why deviations from these assumptions occur and the variations around these assumptions give rise to many of the known …Read More »
Clinical use of ultrasound imaging around the shoulder – evidence base, reasoning and guided procedures (A collaboration with Dr Jeremy Lewis)
Thursday 27th April 2017 - Imperial College London, Charing Cross Hospital Price £275 At The Ultraso…
Course price: £895 for both days, £480 for one day We are passionate about delivering high quality c…
BREAKING NEWS! We are delighted to announce that Dr Daniel Fascia, Consultant MSK Radiologist and Dr James Thing, Consultant in Sports and Exercise medicine are joining our teaching team for the popular cadaveric MSK guided injection course on 28/29th April at the fantastic Imperial College facilities..more details here
What is The Ultrasound Site?
The Ultrasound Site is a free access, educational and online learning resource for those who use diagnostic MSK Ultrasound. You might be a Physiotherapist, Orthopaedic Specialist, Radiologist, Radiographer, Rheumatologist, Sports Medicine Physician, Radiographer, Osteopath, Chiropractor or another profession…but hopefully you will all offer your views, knowledge and skills to make this a fantastic learning environment. MSK sonography is used in different ways, in different settings, by different professions and this is where we hope to bring it all together! We are building a dynamic and interactive community..come and join in!
- Unique features and benefits of our courses:
- We carefully monitor the student numbers so that we have a high tutor/scanner to student ratio! You won't find yourself in a pack of 10 people trying to use one scanner on our course!
- We feel anatomical knowledge is really important when using ultrasound..so we now have access to cadaveric prosections on a number of our courses to enhance your learning experience!
- We use high quality machines, and are experienced in using them!
- Our courses are multidisciplinary..fantastic for debate and learning between clinicians.
- Our delegates are often international, enabling further debate between you!
- We provide high quality, comprehensive presentations and resources to every delegate on USB sticks so you can carry on learning.
- We are approachable, and are happy to be emailed with enquiries after the course to help you continue your development.
Ultrasound Guided Injection of the hip joint: Technique Tutorial – Dr Daniel Fascia (@danfascia) , Consultant MSK and Sports Radiologist, Yorkshire Radiology
Why use ultrasound? Whilst it still remains more popular to inject joints using fluoroscopy across the world, one cannot deny the attractions of ultrasound being cheap, small in form and readily accessible in the clinic / office environment. Advances in ultrasound equipment have improved needle guiding, tissue detail and penetration. Technologies such as virtual convex on linear probes and beam …Read More »